MORROW COUNTY PARKS - CLOSED
For immediate release 03.24.2020
UPDATED: 04.23.2020 (Opening Date – OHV Park Trails)
UPDATED: 04.29.2020 (Opening Date)
Morrow County Parks Department has made the difficult decision close the county campgrounds through Thursday, May 28, 2020.
Morrow County Parks campgrounds (Anson Wright, Cutsforth, and Off-Highway Vehicle) are closed and are scheduled to reopen for the 2020 camping season on Thursday, May 28, 2020, unless circumstances change. All reservation holders and event coordinators will be notified should there be any modifications or cancellations to existing reservations.
This difficult decision was based on the following:
- The parks serve a lot of people. Maintaining social distance is difficult in a busy park.
- Staff and volunteers make the parks work. We are committed to protect their health and safety, and expect fewer will be available as this situations continues on.
- Visitors affect the local community. Bringing many out of area people into the local community strains already-stressed grocery stores, health care systems and emergency services.
- Information is being updated rapidly. The County’s park closure decision is in response to Governor Kate Brown directing Oregonians to maintain social distance in public at all times. The department urges all Oregonians and those that are working or visiting the area to follow the Governor’s directive and stay home and stay healthy.
Most importantly, it is recommended that everyone follow precautionary guidance issued by the Governors' office, Oregon Health Authority and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Help us keep the trails open and respect the guidelines.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Practice social distancing of maintaining six or more feet between you and someone else.
- Avoid groups of more than 10 individuals.
- Wash your hands with soap or hand sanitizer.
Morrow County Parks Department is committed providing the most up to date information to the public regarding the parks. If you have questions or concerns let us know by contacting the park’s main office at 541-989-9500 or drop us an email at mcparksco.morrow.or.us.